Unit12 Life is full of the unexpected.
1. take a shower洗 浴
2. leave my backpack at home 把背包忘在家里
3. get back to school 返回学校
4. start teaching 开始教学
5. go off 响铃
6. rush out the door 冲出房门
7. give sb a lift 捎某人一程
8. miss both events 错过两个事件
9. full of unexpected 充满着不可预知性
10. be about to do sth 正要做某事
11. stare in disbelief at 难以置信地盯着。
12. raise above the burning building 从正在燃烧的楼上升起
13. jump out of bed 跳下床
14. collect the math homework 收数学作业
15. complete the work for my boss 完成老板的工作
16. make the apple pie 制作苹果馅饼
17. show up 赶到，出现
18. add the green beans 加绿豆荚
1.By the time I got up, my brother had already gotten in the shower.
2.By the time I got outside, the bus had already gone.
3.When I got to school, I realized I had left my backpack at home.
4.By the time I walked into class, the teacher had started teaching already.
5.By the time I arrived at the party, everyone else had already showed up.
6.When he put the noodles into the bowl, he realized he had forgotten to add the green beans.
7.Before she got a chance to say goodbye, he had gone into the building.